Friday, April 6, 2012

Take Me Out to the Ball Game


He says:

In honor of Opening Week in Major League Baseball, we wanted to give a shout out to some of the baseball themed items in our house, but first we need to back up a few years.  When I lived in my bachelor pad in Milwaukee, it was pretty clear that Deanne didn’t have much control over how I decorated.  My living room had Cardinal’s flags on the walls, baseball ticket stubs hanging in a frame, a hand full of bobbleheads on display, and around Christmas Time - a tree trimmed with baseball cards.

My bedroom was pretty much the same story.  The room was adorned with Cardinals glassware and commemorative 2006 World Series beer bottles.  Better yet, my ever-growing hat collection hung from the walls.  The hats were meticulously organized with the American League on one wall and the National League on another; all hung in order of division standings.  The only exception was that I never hung my cubs hat (yes, I own a cubs hat) above one of my Cardinals hats.  Yeah, I know…My apartment was awesome.

[Excuse the poor quality cropped photos]

It's Christmas time in Milwaukee...





Loving life (and my Cardinal's filled bachelor pad)



She says:

Once we bought our house, I was determined to keep Reed's so-called "commemorative" beer bottles in a box in the basement. ;) Instead of hanging all 8,000 hats on the wall, we tried to take a classier (if you will) approach to incorporating Reed's Cardinals obsession into our decor.  I promised to become a Cardinals fan (and raise our future children as Cardinals fans) during our wedding vows, so it was only appropriate that I took this duty seriously.

Baseballs in a glass container in the family room...



A little framed STL Logo on our wall shelves



Vintage pennant (currently in our office, but I'm in search of a more 
permanent place for this guy)



Cardinals Books on Reed's nightstand


.
.
.

Unfortunately, old habits die hard.
I would be lying if I told you this never happens-


(Apparently Reed really likes keeping commemorative beer in bedrooms...)



I am 100% serious when I say this is what our guest room has looked like all week.  I am not exactly sure what the hats are doing there... I'm going to go out on a limb and assume Reed's having a hard time picking a hat for our first game of the year today in Milwaukee at Miller Park?



If I had a dollar for every time I tripped over this "situation" in the guest room...



I'm pretty convinced Reed also believes that the sole purpose of curtain rod 
finials is to hang cardinal's hats...



As hard as I've tried, I just can't win them all.  Here's to hoping the Cardinals can win a few more than I do ;)

3 comments:

  1. "A tree trimmed with baseball cards" - Might have to steal this idea - Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, kudos to Deanne becoming a Cards fan. I know its not easy to convert one!

    ReplyDelete